The Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 racing wheel is an authentic premium quality replica of the Porsche 991 GT3 R steering wheel. It has been designed to offer players the best possible driving experience in any game, and it can be used with both PS4 and PC.
What is the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R Racing Wheel?
The Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R steering wheel is a set of high-quality modular wheel components put together to create a full-scale replica of the Porsche 991 GT3 R wheel.
It is a comfortable and luxurious wheel with excellent performance. It has a customisable OLED display that offers enhanced display capabilities, multiple neatly arranged inputs and a tuning menu option. It is a nice and comfortable wheel for sim racers with great performance.
- What is the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R Racing Wheel?
- Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R Racing Wheel Design
- Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R Racing Wheel compatibility
- Does the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 Racing Wheel have force feedback?
- Buying Guide
- Bottom line
- Q: What kind of wheelbase do I need to use this wheel?
- Q: Does the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R wheel support PS4?
- Q: Will the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R work with the Xbox console?
- Q: What if I want to play games on PC?
- Q: How many buttons does the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R wheel have?
- Q: Can I adjust the strength of the force feedback on my Fanatec Porsche GT3 wheel?
- Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 Photos
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R Racing Wheel Design
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R steering wheel has a brushed and anodised aluminium rim covered in genuine, high-quality, smooth leather and a 3D shape Porsche badge. It has a customisable OLED display that offers enhanced display capabilities and a tuning menu button with access to force feedback adjustment.
The 2.7-inch OLED display is surrounded by six high-intensity RGB FlagLEDs and nine high-intensity RGB RevLEDs. This wheel has a 2x 2-way toggle switch, 7-way FunkySwitch, 10 buttons, 2-axis analogue stick, and 2x 12-position switches, which you can also configure to encoder mode. It weighs just over 2kg and has a diameter of 320mm.
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R Racing Wheel compatibility
The Porsche 911 GT3 R racing wheel is compatible with a number of wheelbases and consoles. Compatible wheelbases include the direct-drive systems which are: Podi Wheel Base DD1 PS, Podium Wheel Base DD1, Podium Wheel Base DD2, CSL DD, Clubsport wheelbase V2.5, and compatible platforms are: PS4 and PC.
- The wheel rim is made with aluminium, and it measures 32cm in diameter.
- It is covered in premium smooth leather.
- It has a 3D shaped metal Porsche badge.
- It has a real carbon fibre front plate for utmost stability and a rubber-coated glass fibre backplate.
- Neodymium magnets.
- It has 10 buttons.
- It has 2x 2-way toggle switches.
- There are tuning functions in the OLED display.
- It has removable button caps.
- It has an interchangeable steering wheel option, thanks to the quick release system.
- Brand: Fanatec.
- Compatible Platform: Xbox One, PC, PS4.
- Quick-release: ClubSport.
- Diameter: 320mm.
- Display: 2.7-inch 256×64 OLED.
- Grip Material: Leather/Suede.
- Analog joystick: Yes.
- Weight: 2193g.
- Rev lights: Yes.
Does the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 Racing Wheel have force feedback?
The Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 racing wheel comes with force feedback which allows you to experience realistic driving sensations and you can adjust the vibration motors and strength of force feedback to your preference.
The steering wheel feels good, comfortable and the buttons are very responsive with maximum stability, almost like a direct drive wheel. After your wheel has been assembled and connected to a compatible wheelbase, you can start assigning the buttons, shifters and encoders according to your preference.
It also has an advanced paddle module that features magnetic shifters and Hall sensors. The paddles have 4 modes: Clutch/handbrake mode, Advanced clutch bite point mode, Mappable axis mode and Brake/throttle mode.
This racing wheel does not ship with pedals. Compatible pedals are pedals that work fine with your wheelbase or that ship with it.
- It is made with high-quality luxury materials.
- It feels comfortable.
- Offers good performance.
- The paddles have four different modes.
- It is expensive.
- You can only get full performance/functionality on PC.
The GT3 R package comprises 4 separate components which have to be assembled by you. All the components are plug-and-play, and with the help of the manual, you should get it all assembled in minutes.
After assembling it, make sure you install the latest updates and drivers. Listed below are some of the things included in the box.
- Podium Wheel Rim Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (Leather or Suede).
- Clubsport quick release adapter.
- Podium Button Module Endurance.
- Podium Hub.
- Podium Advanced Paddle Module.
- 4 small button boxes with 3 buttons each,
- 2 small and long levers each,
- 1 pair of small and large shifter paddles each,
Note that you must have a compatible wheelbase if you want to operate this product.
Is the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 Racing Wheel good?
The Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R wheel is a premium wheel made with high-quality materials. It has a brushed aluminium rim which is available in either leather covering on the rim or a suede covering, depending on your choice.
It is really comfortable to use, and the performance is good too. This wheel might be expensive, but it is definitely a wheel you will be glad you have.
How much is the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R Racing Wheel?
The Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R like every other Podium series, does not come cheap. It is sold for $650.
Should you buy the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R Racing Wheel?
The Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R wheel is a full replica of the Porsche endurance GT3 wheel. It has a comfortable aluminium rim that measures 320mm and an integrated OLED display.
It is equipped with a good number of buttons and controls with detachable button caps that can be used on other Fanatec wheels.
It has a sturdy and well-built design that features an advanced paddle module and includes a ClubSport quick release adapter.
What consoles is the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 Racing Wheel compatible with?
The Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R racing wheel is compatible with two gaming platforms which are: PS4, PC.
The capability of this wheel can be limited on the PS4 gaming console due to the firmware, but the PC guarantees full functionality depending on the game you are playing.
Alternative Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 Racing Wheel
The Podium Racing Wheel F1 can be used as an alternative to the Porsche 911 GT3 wheel as they are both compatible with PS4 and PC.
The Porsche 911 GT3 R racing wheel is an accurate replica of an actual racing wheel. It has a solid build made with premium materials, and it is available in leather and suede version.
It is easy to set up and comfortable to use when driving with or without gloves. Buttons are tactile and responsive, and the 2.7” OLED display, which shows your telemetry data is an added advantage. It doesn’t come cheap, but at least you know what you’re getting is worth every penny it costs.
Q: What kind of wheelbase do I need to use this wheel?
A: You need to have a compatible wheelbase to use this wheel. If you don’t have one yet, you can check out the list of compatible wheelbases on the official Fanatec website.
Q: Does the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R wheel support PS4?
Q: Will the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R work with the Xbox console?
A: No. The Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R is not compatible with the Xbox consoles.
Q: What if I want to play games on PC?
A: The Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R wheel supports PCs.
Q: How many buttons does the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 R wheel have?
A: There are 10 buttons, 7-way FunkySwitch, 2x 2-way toggle switches, two 12-position switches that can be configured as rotary encoders and a 2-axis analogue stick.
Q: Can I adjust the strength of the force feedback on my Fanatec Porsche GT3 wheel?
A: Yes, it can be adjusted.