Logitech G29 Racing Wheel$259
- Nicely built and good quality
- Quality leather wheel (pedals)
- Clutch and Shifter are responsive and next to real-life experience
- Strong force feedback
- The Logitech G29 racing wheel is well-responsive.
- It’s not cheap, and might be a little expensive
- It’s not fully compatible with all racing game
- The feedback while turning feels a little notchy.
Interestingly, using a racing wheel for your racing sim games is surely an amazing experience you don’t want to miss. Once you’ve experienced the next-to-reality in using a racing wheel; I’m sure you wouldn’t want to play any racing simulation games without a racing wheel.
Haven said that; the big question is this; is the Logitech G29 racing wheel worth the price?
Currently, the Logitech G29 is among the top-selling video game racing wheels on Amazon due to the fact that it’s fully compatible with PS3, PS4 and PC consoles. Also, it’s one of the very few mid-priced Logitech racing wheels in the market.
Although, there has been a lot of newer ones out in the market, such as; the Logitech G920.
This Logitech G29 racing wheel review is mainly to discuss the key features of the Logitech G29. The product was first released in 2015 and has ever since been a great choice when considering the racing wheel to buy.
What are the features of the Logitech G29 driving force racing wheel?
- One of the unique features I’ll want to mention in this Logitech G29 racing wheel review is the beautiful rpm LED display on the wheel’s steering. Although, it’s also on the G27 but, it’s more improved in the G29. The rpm LED display can be very helpful in a noisy environment. It basically lets you know when to change the gear.
- The G29 brings a completely different button layout plus the shifter is now optional.
- Starting with the pedals; the unit overall hasn’t changed that much since the G27, you still have the stainless steel pedals for the clutch, brake and throttle and on the bottom.
- The brake pedal itself now give you a more realistic brake response. You still have the 900 degrees of rotation and the rpm LED display at the top of the steering.
- The new Logitech Racing Wheel G29 comes with a leather-wrapped wheel paddle shifters, and you can now find all the buttons you will find on a PlayStation controller.
- A 24-point selection dial plus minus buttons have been recently added. And also, stripe for a visual cue to indicate the direction the wheel is pointing while in use.
- One additional cool features are the newly added selection switch for PS3, PS4 or PC just above the rpm display.
The Logitech Driving Force Racing Wheel G29 vs the G27: which should you buy?
Generally, the Logitech driving force racing wheel G29 is an upgraded version of the Logitech racing wheel G27 and it’s much better.
The Logitech driving force racing wheel G29 is little quieter and the dual motive force feedback is more realistic if compared to the Logitech G27.
The Logitech racing wheel G29 does have a lot more new cool features that you would not find in the Logitech G27.
The Logitech G29 was released in 2015, while the G27 was released in 2009. One is new and one is relatively old.
Although, the Logitech driving force racing wheel G29 does come at a little more price than the Logitech racing wheel G27. But the fact remains that the extra benefits and experience you’ll get with the G29 is worth the extra cash.
What platforms are the Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel compatible with?
The Logitech G29 driving force racing wheel is fully compatible with PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox and PC.
Logitech G29 Racing Wheel Review: the Bottom-line
If you want to buy a racing wheel to enjoy a better experience with your racing games and driving simulators on your PlayStation or PC consoles; then Logitech G29 racing wheel is definitely for you.
I hope you found this Logitech G29 racing wheel review helpful? If yes, please feel free to leave your comment below.