The PS5 media remote is an accessory that Sony has released to go alongside the PlayStation 5 has a remote that can be used to control the media apps available on the PS5 without having to use the controller.
It provides users with a simple video play-back option that everyone can use on PlayStation without having to use the controller to do it, especially if you don’t want to game with it or you aren’t familiar with using a console.
You could quickly access the media apps that have been pre-installed on it, like Netflix and Spotify and have a lot of hassle-free fun.
- What Are The Benefits Of Using The PS5 Media Remote?
- What Are The Features Of The PS5 Media Remote?
- How Does It Work?
- Is The PlayStation 5 Media Remote Compatible With The PS4?
- What TVS Are Compatible With The PS5 Media Remote?
- Can I Play My PS5 Remotely?
- Can I Play Games On My PS5 With My PS4 Controllers?
- Why Does The Remote Keep Turning On My PS5?
- Is The PS5 Media Remote Worth It?
- Image Gallery – Is the PS5 Media Remote Worth It?
What Are The Benefits Of Using The PS5 Media Remote?
- Increased Convivence: The PlayStation media remote is very convenient to use because, unlike a controller, which is not as intuitive to use, a remote is very intuitive and easy to understand as everything on it is labelled properly.
- Simple Design: Due to its design and labelling, the PlayStation media remote is very easy to use and can be easily understood by a variety of people, right from kids to the elderly.
- The Quick Action buttons: Anyone can quickly access the media apps on the PS5 without having to go through what could be a complicated user interface, especially for first-time users. So being able to quickly press any media app you want to use would be very useful.
What Are The Features Of The PS5 Media Remote?
There are 4 main features on show when using the PS5 media remote, and those are;
- The quick-access buttons; this feature allows you to quickly jump to any media app you want to use, like Netflix, Spotify, and Disney+.
- The ability to control the volume and turn on and off both the tv and the PlayStation all at the same time
- It also has a built-in microphone that allows you to give voice commands to your PS5 and use the voice typing function.
- Quick Video-playback functionality.
How Does It Work?
The PS5 media remote works just like any other remote. Once it is paired up with the PS5, it can work just like any other remote. It can control the sound on the PS5, fast-forward, rewind, pause and play. It can even turn off the TV or the PS5, all from the on/off button.
It is very simple and easy to use. It also has a microphone built into it so you can use your voice to do simple commands like turning it off or on and even simple playback functions.
Is The PlayStation 5 Media Remote Compatible With The PS4?
Unfortunately, the PS5 media remote is only compatible with PS5 software, so it cannot work with PS4. On PlayStation’s official website, they made it known that the remote is not a Bluetooth device and, as such, it cannot pair up with any other device.
However, other universal remotes can connect to the PS4 using Bluetooth to provide the same media functionality as the PS5s. The PDP Universal Remote is a very good option, and at $20, it is cheaper than the PS5’s model, and it is also compatible with multiple devices, including the PS5.
What TVS Are Compatible With The PS5 Media Remote?
The PS5 media remote is compatible with a wide variety of TVs right, from Sony TVs to LG and even Samsung. The pairing setup is very simple; once the remote is paired up with the PS5, an on-screen prompt will appear indicating that the device is available to make a link connection to your tv.
Then all you have to do is accept the connection, which will sync up the TV and the PS5 to the remote, allowing you to control both devices right from the remote. However, the remote can only control the sound and turn on and turn off the TV.
Can I Play My PS5 Remotely?
It is possible to control and play games remotely from your phone, and the process is very simple. All you have to do is enable your remote play settings from the system settings on the PS5.
Then you will have to enable your PS5 to be connected to the internet while on sleep mode because you can’t use the remote play option when the system is off or not connected to the internet.
The next thing you have to do is download the PS remote play app on either your android, mac, or windows OS from their respective play stores. Then sign in to your PSN account from your mobile device, and then from there, you can stream all of your installed games from any of your mobile devices.
Also, if you plan on improving your playing experience, you can connect your wireless controller to your mobile devices or laptop through a Bluetooth connection, and you can play from there.
Also, do remember to keep your PS5 in sleep mode when you log out of PlayStation’s remote play application, as an on-screen prompt would ask you if you wish to shut down your PS5 or if you wish to keep it in rest mode.
Please note that if you shut down your PS5, you won’t be able to access the PlayStation remote play function until you manually turn on the PS5.
Can I Play Games On My PS5 With My PS4 Controllers?
There are two main ways to play your PS5 with your PS4 controllers, and that is either through a direct USB connection or through added accessories setting on the PS5.
The direct connection is pretty self-explanatory; all you have to do is use your micro-USB cable to connect your PS4 controller and then turn on the PS4 controller, and just like that, it is connected.
The second way is a bit more technical but still very simple. All you have to do is connect your PS4 via Bluetooth setup by going into the settings menu and then going to add accessories, and the turn enables your PS4 controller’s Bluetooth mode by pressing the share button and the PS button at the same time till the device begins to flash.
Then all you have to do is wait till you see the PS4 controller appear as an optional Bluetooth device and then connect it. After that, you can connect automatically to the PS5 anytime you want, and you can also turn on the PS5 anytime you want.
Why Does The Remote Keep Turning On My PS5?
That is because once the PS5 is connected to the remote, it will automatically be turned on by the remote once you press the power button or press any of the quick function buttons, and it can’t be turned off except if you disconnect or remove the battery.
Is The PS5 Media Remote Worth It?
If I were to rate this remote, I would give it a 5/10, it is not the most extraordinary device in the world, and it is not the most necessary device you would need.
This is a situational device, and even though it may be convenient, I don’t think it is the most helpful device, and if you are the only person using the PS5, you really don’t have a use for it.
The PS5 media remote is a very cool device, but it’s not the most helpful device outside of some particular situations.
However, it isn’t more continent to use than a controller because anyone who has been playing games using controllers would tell you that they find it easier to control the whole console than just the media app from the remote.